I have to keep reminding myself that growing a baby is a marathon not a sprint. Currently it’s 7 weeks into his life here on earth. We are starting to feel stretched. With the late nights and the house work all adding up.
It’s the little bits that get you. A little washing here, some laundry there.
(Meme Credit: Emelyne yiyi)
But there are times when you feel really proud that you’ve done it well. For instance, burping him…
or surviving a trip out of the house!
We’ve realised that he is growing up a bit too quickly. We’ve had to chuck a few cool rompers that don’t fit anymore, and introduce new ones. Like this one taken with his cousin. Sam’s pants don’t fit anymore 😦
I know this is a little early, but I’m also stocking up on some dad jokes, compiled for future groans and eye rolls.
- When the children want pets next time: “Pets are animals that humans did not find delicious”
- Animal sounds: “to neigh or not to neigh, that’s equestrian”
- At a Japanese Restaurant: “Japanese chef always have something to shoyu”
- At the ZOO!: “I went to a zoo once, that only had a dog in it. It was a shitsu.”
- Teachable moment about friends: “Friendship is like wetting yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.”
- Lessons from punishments: “if you are asked to stand outside, it means you are always outstanding.”
- Indigestion from eating too much? “if you eat too much wanton mee, you will be too heavy.”
- Good to throw this in when discussing body issues: “Why have abs when you can have kebabs?”